July 2, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip

My entire life I've been obsessed with sweets. I love baking and making other, more adventurous things. Most recently I've made truffles from scratch, slutty brownies (you can see those in my birthday blog), and now today I made cookie dough dip!

For a while as I've been poking around Pinterest I see pins about cookie dough dip. Well today I finally thought "Oh what the hell." And I decided to check it out. Once I read the ingredients and saw how easy it is to make I couldn't help myself. I had all but two ingredients so I scurried off to the store so I could make this concoction!

Here's what you'll need...


One 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter (one stick)
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits

Directions: In a mixing bowl, mix together your butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.



Stop when it looks like that ^ . Next add your powdered sugar. Add a little bit of it at a time so it doesn't puff up in your face. Once that's all mixed in you add your brown sugar and vanilla. Mix it again until smooth and then add your chocolate chips and toffee bits. You can leave out the toffee bits if you'd like but I think it adds a little something to the dip.


Then voila, you're done! It's fine to serve right after you mix it, but if you refrigerate it first then it solidifies and becomes more of a cookie dough texture. I ate it with animal crackers but it can also be served with honey or chocolate graham crackers or even apple slices! 





This is such an easy dip to make for parties or even a girls night in with a chick flick. It's definitely comfort food and since it doesn't have eggs in it, it's safe to eat rather than cookie dough from the tube. Let me know if you try the recipe!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment