September 19, 2012

Perfect Sunday

I don't think I've ever had a more perfect Sunday in my life.

It started with my family going over to my boyfriends parents house for brunch and everyone met each other for the first time. Yikes!

It all went well and the food was delicious. They served mimosa's, bloody mary's, coffee, and juice. They also had the best bagels and cream cheese, fresh fruits and fresh whipped cream, an egg dish, cheese-y hash browns, and muffins. After we all ate ourselves into comas me and my family headed back home.

My sister was in town and so we finally had her all to ourselves. We have seen her many times this summer but she was always busy with wedding and reception business. And my mom and I kidnapped her and set off on the town.

We went shopping all over the city and eventually ended up in the Como Park neighborhood of St. Paul for a late lunch/dinner.

We ate at my families best kept secret... that I'm now choosing to share it with you all. Muffaletta.



They are few and far between but you can find Muffaletta sandwiches at various restaurants. The best place to get them is New Orleans but since that's not accessible on a regular basis this is just as good to me.

In case you don't know, a Muffaletta is a sandwich made of pastrami, ham, salami, and probably other meats I don't know about. It's then topped off with pepper jack cheese and a mixture of olives and other yummy stuff. They serve it with a choice of french fries, sweet, potato fries, or a salad.

We ate and chatted for a long time before heading off to do more shopping and then wrapping up our day. I had a mini Muffaletta and the regular one is about twice the size.

IT IS AMAZING. And you need to check it out. Promise...?

Good.
















Let me know if you check it out!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment