August 24, 2012

Brownie in a mug ☕

Ladies we've all been there - laying in bed, watching chick flicks, and craving chocolate. Not just normal chocolate though. Hershey's isn't going to cut it. We want rich, warm, baked chocolate. Everyone has their itch and lately I've been craving brownies. However the fact that we have no brownie mix and I'm too lazy to go to the store to get any has put a big dent in my craving. Not to mention the fact that brownies take a long time to bake and the fact that I don't need a WHOLE PAN of left over brownies tempting me to eat them are also contributing factors.

That's why, shamelessly, I turned to the Internet to get my quick fix. And I found it.



Brownie in a mug!

I found the original recipe here, but I did tweak it a tiiiiiny bit.

What you need is:

Medium sized mug
Microwave
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
Chocolate chips (amount to your liking)

Mix all your dry ingredients into the mug until blended. Then add your water and vegetable oil and blend until mixed. Make sure it's well blended so you don't get a clump while you're eating it. The batter may seem thick to you but don't add any more liquids or else you'll throw off the consistency. Once it's mixed, add your chocolate chips. The more you put in the gooey-er and richer it will be. Then after that's mixed, pop it in the microwave for about 1 minute. It might not look done but trust me, it is. You don't want a burnt brownie. You can top it with ice cream if you so choose or enjoy it with a big glass of milk.

(I also had an afterthought of swirling caramel into the mix before microwaving it)

By the way, you can thank me later all you university students with only a microwave to spare. I remember last year me and my roommate would buy those microwave desserts that are about $5 each. These taste so much better and will allow you to make hundreds of brownies for way less money.

Let me know if you try it please! Especially if you swirl in the caramel!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment