June 20, 2012

My sisters Bachelorette Party / Wedding

These past two weeks have been hectic. Many huge events have taken place in such a short amount of time that it's left my head spinning. It all started with my sisters bachelorette party. It was last Saturday and it was held at the Radisson in good 'ol Fargo, North Dakota.


This is me and my best friend Alyssa that I dragged with. We figured since we're both under aged we could hang out with the leftover tequila after the of-agers went out to do the whole bar scene. My dress is from TJ Maxx and hers (which is really mine) is from Forever 21.



We got a hotel suite and decorated it with what we could without hitting the cheesy phase. Color scheme was silver and black. We had yummy snacks; veggies, bacon tarts, olives, pickle roll ups, hot pickled green beans (so yummy and the brides favorite), peanuts, and some delicious truffles that yours truly made from scratch. 


(The beautiful Bride herself)




Drinks consisted of lots of wine, tequila, and champagne. Most of the ladies gobbled up the wine but I prefer champagne myself; I mean bubbly wine... need I explain myself? Not to mention it was pink!



After the introductions we all mingled and Britt opened up some gifts, as the party also doubled as and a mini bridal shower. 
From there we made our tipsy selves stumble across the street to a fabulous Italian restaurant. The of-age ladies indulged in some more wine. 
Once everyone was stuffed up to their ears we went back to the hotel, the ladies freshened up, went out on the town, and the rest is history.

Now for the wedding part!

Monday morning I got my tired butt up at 2:30 and crawled to the airport to make it to the actual wedding. After sleeping through the entire first flight, we met up with my cousin at the Denver airport and all made the final leg to Cancun, Mexico. I wasn't able to take too many pictures on the vacation because honestly it didn't cross my mind much. I was too busy enjoying everything. However, one day we took the fairy over to an island called Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun and I actually took quite a few pictures that day.





Those are some witty signs we saw at a bar while waiting for the fairy to arrive. Last summer I spent an entire week on Isla Mujeres and I must say that I LOVE IT. Not that I don't like Cancun, but I'm way more of a laid back person than all the partying and craziness that comes along with popular areas like Cancun, so I was really excited to spend a day on the island. When we got off the boat we rented a golf cart to zip around on and instantly made our way to the turtle farm. 


Now this isn't our golf cart, but OH MY GOODNESS. Isn't it adorable? I begged to rent it but was instantly shot down by my parents. 

The turtle farm breeds and rescues injured turtles. They also have a small aquarium with fish, starfish, octopus, and even sea horses that had tiny babies. On our way out I couldn't help but snap a picture of this little gem.


How many iguanas do you see?

Anyways, last year we heard that there was a place on the island that you could swim with sharks so we hunted it down. It's hidden behind a restaurant in front of a bar on the beach. At first we didn't have the courage to swim with them, but after having two HUGE margaritas each, which were so strong and the best margarita I've ever had, we built some liquid courage. Of course they were harmless sharks but the fact that they're sharks and 6 feet long were still intimidating. Since I was in the water I wasn't able to get any pictures but trust me when I say the swim didn't last long. We pet and held the shark but after it spit in both my moms and cousins faces we got out very quickly. 

Being sufficiently satisfied with ourselves and still feeling the margaritas we drove to the tip of the island where there are some Mayan ruins and a sculpture garden. 


The view was amazing and I wanted to climb down that ladder hidden there in the corner, but just like the golf cart I was shot down by my parents. I don't see why, it wasn't that far down......? And it led you to this beautiful cove below with a tiny beach.



The views, paths, and sculptures were unbelievable and I'm so glad we got to see it. We then picked up some coconut ice cream (my favorite) and went to swim in the ocean. Did I mention that this is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen? The sand is so white and the ocean a bright turquoise blue. For dinner we went to the fish market and had some great shrimp but then were so tuckered out we went back to the hotel.

Now that I've explained only the second day of my vacation in depth I'll try to sum up the rest of the days quickly.

The next day we checked into the hotel where the wedding took place and explored a bit before eating a delicious dinner at a restaurant named Ciao. The next day was spent by the pool / pool bar before we cleaned up, greeted the rest of our party when they checked in, and again ate dinner at Ciao. It was so good we couldn't keep them from experiencing it. After that me and my cousin met the rest of the wedding party for drinks at the club/bar. The next day everyone (I mean EVERYONE) had a pool day together. It consisted of drinks, sun, sand, and eventually rain. That part sucked. But we went and sat in the jacuzzi to kill time till the rehearsal dinner at Zen. I then called it an early night and stayed in my sisters room to keep her company since the groom and her couldn't sleep in the same bed. (The night before the wedding and all.)

And then the day came. It was glorious and sunny when we woke up. We had breakfast in bed and watched the big bang theory. Then she went off to the salon and I ran errands for her like the good maid of honor I was. After some stress and glitches that the day brought on, it was finally time for the ceremony. It was a beautiful set up and was white and gold on the beach. It drizzled at first but then eventually the sun broke out somewhere around the saying of the vows. I started tearing up as she was walking down the isle but I talked myself out of it because that was too soon. However, when the groom started crying during his vows that was pretty much the end of me and the dam broke. I honestly don't think there was a dry eye. After that we had a dinner at once again Ciao. The bride and groom had their first dance and from there we all went to the club at the hotel. It wasn't a private reception but at the same time that's what made it so fun. Crazy Colombians came up to her wanting pictures with the beautiful bride in her Vera Wang gown and at one point another bride even came and danced with my sister. Everyone danced and laughed till late at night and then finally turned in. 

The next day was, again, a pool day before hitting up the flea market in the late afternoon. Then the next morning we made the long trek through airports and taxi's back home to Minnesota.

I'm so happy for my sister and Andy. They are really a beautiful couple and I'm honored to have been able to be a part of it.


xo

(All these photos are mine accept that last one. I don't have any pictures from the ceremony/reception of my own.)


1 comment:

  1. Loved these details from your sister’s bachelorette party. Keep sharing such details here. I also would be arranging a bridal shower plus bachelorette bash for my own sister. Would like to book the most beautiful rooftop party venue in Boston so that we have perfect festive kind of setting for this bash.

    ReplyDelete