June 24, 2012

Wedding Crashers




A couple weeks ago my friend Alyssa invited me to a wedding. She didn't want to go by herself and I'm a sucker for weddings, so of course I said yes! I went to her house and we did our hair and make up together before making the big decision of what to wear! I ended up wearing my favorite BCBG dress and she wore an old dress of her moms from the '90's. (Sorry for the picture quality.)








Once we were all dolled up we hopped in the car and started our adventure! And oh what an adventure it started out to be. Right from the start I told Alyssa that I was going to blog about our night and she said "Oh no! I better not do anything blog worthy!" But something blog worthy happened within the first 5 minutes. We left her house and stopped at McDonald's to get some coffee before getting on the highway. We were driving along just talking and jamming out when all of a sudden her battery light came on. Well long story short no one would answer but my dad and he said we only had about 10-15 minutes of driving time left. We rushed back to her house and ultimately took my car.

Now that we were in a reliable car, we made the hour long trek up through St. Cloud to a town named Sartell. It's a tiny, yet very nice town in the middle of no where. All we attended was the wedding reception since the ceremony was family only (understandably so). The bride and groom were friends of Alyssa's sister and I must say that it is one fun crowd to hang out with. Everyone knew each other and were already pretty toasted when we got there. The bride looked absolutely gorgeous and the groom was giddy as can be. It was an incredibly fun night, I'm still sore from dancing for about 3 hours straight!




Around 12 o'clock the night was beginning to slow down and come to an end. Some of us were sitting on the deck of the reception hall when me and Alyssa remembered that for about 3 years now we have been saying that we wanted to run across a golf course in the middle of a night. Well guess what... the reception just so happened to be on a GOLF COURSE! So after years of dreaming and saying we were going to be rebels, 5 of us ran across the course at full speed. We even found a pond and stuck our toes in.

After that there was a little more dancing, a couple minor injuries, and people finished their last drink. Then finally at 1:00 Alyssa and I started the hour long trek back. On the way we stopped once again for coffee at McDonald's and went wee wee wee all the way back to the Cities. I had so much fun and I am so grateful that the bride and groom let me partake in their special evening.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment