August 19, 2012

Margarita recipe

It's no secret that Mexico makes the best margarita's. That's why after me and my family went to Cancun this summer we had to find out their secret. As we lingered by the bar waiting for them to make our drinks we casually asked what they put in it to make it taste so good. The magic little ticket is Grand Marnier. It's an orangey liquor and all you need is a spoon full to make the magic work. After we found this out we could no longer settle for plain jane margarita mix.

That's why me and my family tweaked a margarita recipe we found to make it into the magical margarita recipe. The original didn't involve Grand Marnier at all and also used beer instead of sprite. I personally wouldn't have minded that, but the ladies were convinced that putting beer in a margarita would ruin it. Here's what you'll need:


(By one can I mean the can that the limeaide comes in) Mix all the ingredients together except the Grand Marnier and pour over ice. Once in the glass, top it off with one spoon full of Grand Marnier, mix, and serve. This recipe should make about 4 servings. It's light, refreshing, and delicious. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Let me know if you try it!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment