July 22, 2012

My weekend

Is there anything better than good company, good food, good drinks, and a good time?

No, the answer is no.

If you follow me on twitter you've probably noticed how much I've been complaining about work. I'm not usually a complainer as I feel it's a waste of time.

Buuuut anyways we were extremely short staffed for 2 weeks and it made work so hectic that I'm not even going to describe it any further. This blog isn't about that, it's about my weekend. Yesterday was my last day of work for almost two weeks as I am going to no man's land to visit my sister and her husband so I felt the need to relax and have fun with my family. It was filled with the following, and it was perfect.






A wonderful dinner followed by drinks, political talk, bonfire, roasted marshmallows, and sparklers. If you know me, than you'd know that I have a huge fear of sparklers, I don't know why so don't ask. 

Last year I tried to overcome my fear but the following photo will show that it didn't go over so well...


But this year I did it! (You can't see it, but I have a proud grin on my face)

The next morning me and the boys got up early and went to the gun range. 









I personally didn't shoot because it was my first time and I wanted to watch and get the grip of things. I'm also terrified of loud noises, but like the sparklers I'm proud to say that I stuck it out! That is until a guy walked in with a big gun. Much like this one..


I'm probably exaggerating, but I didn't want to stick around to see what kind of sound it would make.

After the boys finished we walked around the shop and looked at guns. They jokingly said, "Hey! There's an Abbey gun." They were looking at this....



I proceeded to get offended... I strive for classy not tacky.

I wanted this one.


What did you do this weekend?

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment